Wednesday, March 7, 2012

predict

 Intuition

The voice inside

Call if what you like, 
A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet…
And an eminent feeling doesn’t need to be labeled to have meaning.

The Buddha says to observe life as it is, not as you want it to be
And although I hate when people say, ‘it is what it is….’
It's true, and I knew it all along.
But like any honest dreamer, I ignored it, because frankly, it’s crap!

If I cannot imagine it to be better than it is, 
Then isn’t trying at something you see as futile somewhat..
 Masochistic?
What if you know the results will always be mediocre?
Or perhaps that’s just a facet of my perfectionist-personality…
Maybe mediocre is it.
Either way it’s not very promising.

Perhaps I’m being pessimistic, but I don’t look at life through a half empty or half full glass, I drink directly from the bottle. Now what? 

The Lorax says, “You can’t reap what you don’t sow” and he, though fictional, is right.

I will continue to attempt to sow reality, even though it’s slow and often boring,
 And I hope that one day I can reap…not only in my dreams.
Even if I never reap, the sowing process will have made me wiser…

And as we all know,

Disappointment is the nurse of wisdom…

No comments:

Post a Comment