Sunday, March 4, 2012

now you're just somebody that I used to know

Everyday I discover something new.
It may have always been there mind you, I just hadn't noticed.
Aloof and altruistic... I often don't see what I should. 

I put it on my pedestal and admire it from a safe distance.

It's not perfect by any means, but it's new, real and it's mine, for now anyway.
Like a curator, I frame it, I label it, I explain to others what I think it means.....

I think though, that sometimes, without intending them to be so...my thoughts.... might just be... misleading, misguided, misunderstood, mishandled, and maybe even missed the mark.

No one likes to be mislabeled, even if they don't know they have been.

This new possession, with its dynamic dimensions and vast depths cannot be curated,
Because every time I look it changes.
And I no longer know what I knew, so I can't keep doing what I do.

For every season there might be a reason,
But for every new meaningful encounter might there also be a raison d'ĂȘtre?


Or is it all just meaningless?


When I drive away I always look in the rearview and I see you as somebody that I used to know
Because I know at our next encounter I'll find something new and I just hope that I like it 


I don't want to drive away too fast....you become smaller in the distance you know
and no one likes to be small



















No comments:

Post a Comment