Tuesday, December 13, 2011

the more i understand, the less i 'know'

I think therefore I am.
I think too much, then what, am I too much?
What if my thoughts are too profound, my words too advanced, and my ideas so radical that the world must change to keep up with my pace?
The world will change, if I can be the change.
Can I be it? Can it be me?
hmmmmmm
I can do the cancan. This I know for sure, it can be measured after all.
It’s what’s expected of me, heck, often I enjoy it.
But when I don’t feel like dancing, what should I do?
What if the things I do conflict with expectations, norms, institutions, discourse, established paradigms… the r  i g h t way.
Is there a wrong way? Says who? In what context? With what conceptual framework? Which methodology did they use? Qualitative, quantitative, mixed methods? Is it ethical?
Oh, I almost forgot about the ethics committee.
Let he(she) who is without ethics cast the first stone….never mind, in fact… keep them, I don’t want any, they just weigh me down.
I have enough thoughts to keep me grounded, I don’t need your stones too.

No comments:

Post a Comment