Wednesday, December 28, 2011

exposed

A naked specimen. Observed, analyzed, understood?
Can anyone really classify or theorize another?
Is knowing acceptance? Is knowing judgement? How do you understand what you know?
Why even go there, deep inside, what do you hope to find?
A pile of bricks.
Stacked
Immovable?
You saw the wall, and decided not to climb, trespass or buzz in. Yet you linger.
Most people never look past the wall. What is it that you’re staring at, what interests you? Are you also looking at other properties, do you consider this one of great value?
Why does it matter to me? I’m not your real estate agent, I shouldn’t concern myself with these trivial details. Still, I do.
I’ve built a giant fortress over the years; grand with gates locked… no one is invited inside. Especially not you!
A million brown tear stained bricks glimmer in my eyes as both a promise and a barrier to conquests. The Columbus type, you can see the prize, but you know there are numerous guards standing in your way. You know you’re capable of defeating them, but even after you do, I’ll still be inside, the wall still triumphant, protecting me, and you’re not sure if you will stand the course, all you have is a shield.  
But clearly you’ve peaked through the window, stolen a glance, more than what’s considered polite, you’ve intruded in many ways. I didn’t stop you. However I should be the one who opens and closes the shutters, I control the view. Don’t I? Maybe I can’t control what you see after all. I thought I could. I wish I could.
I’m like the cat who was killed by curiosity, I need to know what it is that you are trying to find, until I understand your motives, I will continue to leave some windows open. Possibly even fall out of one….
Cats have nine lives. I’ve lost count of mine… I don’t think I ever even had one.
Perhaps knowing is simply just that…nothing more, nothing less a process in obtaining a life. It is in itself like Pandora’s box, it can release all the world’s evils, but it will always leave you with hope.
We all know hope is the last thing to die, and if you have not lived then you can’t die.
Or perhaps you can  die, expire, fail… along with your hope.
HOPEfully the answer will be revealed when the wall crumbles.
If ever…
China, Berlin, ….me?

No comments:

Post a Comment