Sunday, October 10, 2010

Careful what you wish for

I’ve heard the cliché a myriad of times, always slyly thinking it was lame. Never quite understanding its essence because, frankly there was no need. My wishes never came true.
And then one day.....actually it was today:
I had a wish and it came true.
And now I’m re-thinking it.
Truly the manager of the wish factory has an odd sense of humour.
For I was only granted ¾ of my wish, not the full 100% I had ‘wished’ for. And that other part, the ¼ part which didn’t belong in the blueprint of my wish, it’s nothing shy of deplorable. My worst nightmare!
How can this be?
Of course we must be careful what we wish for, especially when the wish is laced with a Molotov of nightmares.
And now I’m left to ponder do I really want this wish? Will it be better or worse in 10 days? 100 days? 1000 days?  
Falling stars, wishing wells, birthday candles, does one need the whole gamut, the holy trinity of wishes, in order to get 100% wish accuracy?
Wish I may wish I might, wish upon this star tonight.....
Caution wish ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment